|Amel Tafsout (photo by Najmat)|
To create a true intensive atmosphere, only full-weekend passes are available. For $250, attendees can experience:
- A lecture and healing workshop with Amel Friday evening, using elements of Sufism (including the Hadra) as well as Zar movements for a session of whirling and trance dance. (Note: I experienced a very powerful healing session with Amel at TribOriginal last year.)
- Workshops with Amel in two forms of North African tribal dance, traditional Tunisian dance and Algerian Nayali (the dance of the famed Ouled Nayl)
- Workshops with Artemis Mourat in Turkish Oriental dance and Turkish Romany dance
- A lecture with Artemis, who is a leading scholar of our art form, on the history of belly dance
- A group discussion with both instructors
- A gala show Saturday night, featuring both instructors, top local and regional talent, and live music
Workshops will take place at Muse for Life, just off Roswell Road in Sandy Springs. Discussions and the show will be across the street at Steve's Live Music.
Right now, there's a special discount if you also register for TribalCon 2014 (or if you've already done so). Get 15% off both events -- click here for how to get the deal!
Hope to see you at Crossroads & Origins!